Yes, I have been meaning to blog about a very weird phenomena. It's called sleep waves. A lot of you may know that I suffer from this condition, a lot won't. Well now, everyone will. It really is bad. Take it from a sufferer, it is unavoidable. Once you're caught in a sleep wave, it's all over. Your eyes immediately begin to close, everything goes slow, and fighting it just doesn't work. There is NO fighting a sleep wave. Hence if you're caught in one, it's all over. But I now have a early warning detection system where if I sense it coming, I find measures to avoid it's effects. That's all. Tell me if you are also a sufferer of this disease.
Talk about a sudden turn south, the weather in Sydney went from nice to not nice. My mind has been left way up north- must stop thinking about the Japan and Hong Kong. Whilst I was pondering that, the day has gone quickly west- sunrise to sunset, and my compromising situation in not being able to organise things seems to have gone east. Am happy. Hope the winds around the compass stay as it is XD
Comments from benny benny
Post a Comment [3 comments]
hi fellow sufferer Donna, my pre-emptive measures include getting up and running, or getting up and going to eat, so, very much like yourself. it must involve getting up, coz there's just no other way..!
don't be shy, guys. speak out... so we can defeat the sleep wave XD
update: i had a sleep wave today, but JUST avoided falling asleep. but i gotta say, i was getting sucked in by its irresistable sleep inducing effect. wanted to fall...
i attribute it to last night's disucssion between Ivan, Fai, Mags and myself on "Chinese and Australians"...


im a fellow sufferer. it hits me most during boring qmb (stats) lectures as Andy will testify and more generally after a long day of uni. You're right, once it hits, no matter how hard u wanna stay awake, theres no going back. The only remedy I've found so far is to have someone to talk to and eating lollies. hehe, hence why i always have sour ears, zappos or methos with me.
What are the preemptive measures you're talking about?