As kids, we would say "oh, I'm 9 and three quarters". My cousins love to correct me. "No biu gor, I'm not 4, I'm 4 and a half" *frustrated face*. Chill, cousin. *ruffles their hair* "sorry la, biu gor wrong" *sad face* *puts cousin on back and runs around house zooming like a plane*
In that case, I'm 20 and a half. Sadly, I don't have the innocence to pass myself off as that anymore. It's either one whole number or the next. I'm entering into a phase where soon my age won't even be revealed. I'm getting old.
I don't think I am wrong in saying that I am older than nearly everyone I know (in all groups). Stand up and be counted, those that are not younger than me. Join me as being the wiser members of the group. =P
Speaking of which, a happy birthday to Yin for tomorrow. Photos from last night are up as are all May photos.
I also have stopped considering what I will be like without Canto. It just doesn't work. The thought is harder than I trying to understand relativity. Me and Canto just cannot be divorced. My trademark nicamming (eg. boiling phone congee, receiving wind) and brainless word-interchanging (eg. bogs and dirds, steampot) would disappear.
Today in my abundance of time, I counted that there are 43 strokes in my Chinese name, 15 of which are in my surname. That is one more stroke than Andy Lau's (42).
Colour of the day: Grey
Number of the day: 58 for the number of pages read today.
Word of the day: C for Coughing fits
Comments from Mags jenfa
Post a Comment [2 comments]
heh. your cousin's cute ^^
when i talk to my cousins (be it in english OR canto), they just smile blankly at me.. ><
true that, 20 does feel old. but it's a bit depressing to think that, ne? isn't this where the fun's meant to be? isn't it precisely NOW that we have all the freedom we want, and still be able to shun responsibility just that bit longer?
we can still do stupid things!! =DDD
WE'RE STILL YOUNG!
ironic eh? we used to want to grow up so quickly.. yet now we're so quick to admit we're old..
but take a look at those in their 40s/50s who won't admit/act their age..

Wow... you MUST have been really bored.
But I have to say.. I don't think that numerical age necessarily implies wisdom. It's definitely more to do with emotional maturity than two numbers, in my opinion.
Anyway, that's my two cents for today.