I have updated the blog template because I feel that it was time for a change. I value all your comments, so please comment, even if you have nothing to say. At least I know there's still people who are listening.
Jen is right. I can't accept the fact that things are starting to change. People are starting to change. I can't seem to accept the conclusion that we are all going to be busy with our own lives and somehow things won't be the same anymore. I think in the end, I'm scared of ending up lonely and stranded in the cold by myself.
I've always known that the higher you climb, the greater the fall will be. I never fully appreciated this statement until now. You don't appreciate many things in life until you feel it happen to yourself.
I'm glad that you guys are here. However, it's always at the back of my mind that when I blink again, everything I have will be gone. I suppose I need to get past my own insecurities. Since when did it become so profound and I become so dependent on the people around me.
Work is a good place to think.
[edit:12:11pm] I don't mind reading essays in comment boxes. The reason why I am blogging again is because I don't want to say these things aloud. I don't want to waste people's time by talking to them, when they can now read what I think in their own time. I sound like a drama in itself.
So give me a shoutout or a wave if you are reading this...
Colour of the day: Orange
Number of the day: 1. 1 breakfast bar for breakfast this morning.
Letter of the day: C for chocolate cake
Comments from jenfa benny Mags
Post a Comment [3 comments]
I take on Mel's comment to be depressed only on the blog, and not in reality. WIll try my best.
But I have to say to Jen that although in Year 12 we were taught change, I only know how to identify, and tell the markers how they achieved it using the myriad of techniques in the text. I did not exactly learn how to cope myself... What a let down. I know I'm resisiting. But how do I not?
And as for Fai, we'll try and find the answers together. If you need someone to likewise trash things out with ya, I'll be here too.
Thanks guys.
Haha.. I had to laugh when I saw "aja aja fighting". Nice to see that you've embraced the fighting spirit. :)
But on a more serious note, I agree with Mel when she says "who you are and how happy you are is not a reflection of people or things around you." - she put it so eloquently too. :P
I think Buddha once said that you, yourself, deserve your love and affection as much as anybody in the entire universe. It's true that you really have to learn to become your own best friend. Cos at the end of the day, life is a little like that.. people come and go and the only one person that's around to stay in your life, funnily enough, is you.
As Fai said, family are important too. But they too come and go - parents and older relatives age, siblings and cousins grow up, get married, start their own families. Relationships change - maybe not always the way we expected or the way we want them to. But that's how harsh reality can be sometimes.
I know that it sounds corny, but I'm gonna have to say it anyway - �A�n���e�H. Don't worry about the future - as they say, today's the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. Just live each moment in life as it comes. The people that you have in your life at any moment in time are a blessing - those people might be gone the next day... but maybe they're just making way for better things to come.
I'll finish tonight's mini-essay, by leaving two of my favourite quotes:
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are only tiny matters compared to what lives within us."
"The human spirit is stronger than anything that happens to it."
Just gimme a holler if u ever need someone to do 80's chinese K with to vent.. :P ;)

i guess that's why we had to learn about change in 2U english?? just to remind us that it's omnipresent, relentless.. yayY we learnt stuff in high school !! =DD
it's interesting though. you feel as if you've adopted a more mature frame of mind, ne?
don't stress too much. keep in mind that there'll be new people to meet in the future.. and time and again i'm sure you'll keep meeting people who know other friends etc and you'll find yourself in some big social circle.
So perhaps bonds will weaken, but it'll always be there.
preachy? me??.. ^.-