ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


I was glad that South Korea came out victors in the end yesterday 2-1 against Togo. Otherwise, the crowd that massed at the EntCentre and Belmore Park would be grossly disappointed. I've never seen so many Korean people crowd at one location or running down George St like blood in their red shirts. I did not expect them in the city, to be honest. Maybe Strathfield or Campsie?

STEAMPOT
The word(s) of the day lately has really been hot pot. I've heard it 5 times yesterday alone and once already today.

Did you know that hot potting, or "da bin lo"ing (canto: literally translated means "hitting the side of the pot", I suppose that's what happens) began in northern China with the Mongolian nomads. This method of cooking saved them precious resources. It then spread down into southern China during the Tang dynasty, and by the Qin dynasty, was a popular method of cooking.

I suppose if we are going to do hot pot this winter, let's try all varieties: Canto, Sichuan ("ma lat"- it is so hot that your mouth is reduced to numbness), Japanese shabu-shabu, sukiyaki =D or Korean jigae.

I must remind all that hot potting is extremely "yit hei" (internal heat), which could cause sore throats leading to cough, bitterness in the mouth when you wake up and generally feeling of dryness. Must drink "leung cha" (cooling teas) afterwards or have hot pot with a raw egg =D. Shame there is no "hui lau san" (name of cooling tea shop) here like Hong Kong. But that's not going to stop me from hot potting this winter. Is it going to stop you? lol

I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

NOTE: Current cravings = hot pot of the choc fondue variety... pancakes, PASSIONFLOWER =P or anything sweet. I'm going to take time out to chomp on some kit kat chocolate now.


benny | Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Comments from Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Blogger jenfa Blogger benny Blogger jenfa Blogger benny Blogger benny

Post a Comment    [7 comments]

        Yeah hot potting is bad cos of the internal heat...aka the chi..or as I like to call it..
        Bad for "The Force" haha =p
        The imbalance of the Dark versus the Light haha

        Oh so your craving for PassionFlower eh? ;) MWHAHAHA! EASY TIGER! *whip noise*

        We'll go on Thursday my friend..

        Man I woke up at 2pm today! Dang! Not good!! =(

        Anonymous Anonymous | Wednesday, June 14, 2006 2:28:00 pm  


        lol Dun mwahahahah me... i know what you would rather be doing yesterday! =P red devils everyhwere bro.

        I'm still getting only 2-3 hours of sleep every night. Come Real on Sat, I'll be exhausted man!

        Blogger benny | Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:22:00 pm  


        umm ben...

        ***FOB ALERT***
        & steamBOAT;
        & HOTpot

        Blogger jenfa | Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:31:00 pm  


        um jen...

        ***FOB ALERT***
        misunderstanding...
        intentional parody, jen.

        Blogger benny | Thursday, June 15, 2006 12:21:00 am  


        GAH!
        ben's still a bigger fob..
        sorry i couldnt tell it was intentional =DDDDD
        ..for obvious reason ^.-

        Blogger jenfa | Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:43:00 pm  


        BAH!
        i am a bigger fob for obvious reasons?! what obvious reasons?

        explain yourself, fob...
        that is if you can =P
        mwahahah

        Blogger benny | Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:04:00 pm  


        HOT POT UPDATE
        Donna's come up with some nice places to hot pot like Cafe Cya and Makoto.

        Anyone else know of any?

        Blogger benny | Friday, June 16, 2006 3:59:00 pm  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009