You know on tv when an accident happens and everyone around it freezes in shock, you just think "come on man, hurry up and do something", but all they continue to do is stand there and stare?
Well I finally understand why they do that. I can now empathise being in that same situation.
Eventful evening at Galaxyworld, George St.
Baby shock
I was minding my own business at the DDR machines at Galaxy tonight, when I heard a banging coming down the metallic stairs. At first glance, I thought it was a black doll rolling down the stairs. It was dressed like one, had frizzy hair, and was in all ways doll-like until it rolled to the bottom and my friend said "sh*t, a baby just rolled down the stairs!"
I thought "no way..." that was a doll. In what seemed like 5mins though was probably only 20seconds, the doll just laid there and didn't cry. As it lay there, I came to the gradual realisation that it may in fact be a 1-2year old kid that had just tumbled 10m down those stairs. Then when it started to cry, it dawned on me that it was.
I stood there in shock, as did everyone else. I had the baby in my vision and that was it, my mind blanked out as to what to do. The realisation itself was took my mind a while to process.
Then the next thing I remember was my friend going to tell the Galaxyworld staff. I followed without haste. Out of about 20 people, we were the only people that acted.
The staff went upstairs.
Someone went up to the baby in the meantime.
The furious Aboriginal mother then ran down the stairs, grabbed the baby from the good samaritan with one swing of the arm and proceeded to shout and hit her other children upstairs. They had obviously let their younger sibling crawl off the stairs. Who know's what the mother was doing... definitely not being a mother for sure.
People were staring at her intently now because of the newfound raucous in Galaxyworld never seen before. As she ran down the stairs, she scowled at us "what are you staring at" and made threatening gestures with the baby tightly grabbed in one arm as she left.
Now the image of the falling baby keeps playing in my mind, especially how its head kept hitting the metal and how it just laid there almost lifeless after hitting the bottom...
I may have witnessed the sequence of events leading to death or permanent disability of a baby. That is really frightening. I only see this on tv.
Comments from benny jenfa Mags benny
Post a Comment [6 comments]
why, can't i even stop and watch people that are playing the new DDR supernova, ay?
holy shittttttttt i'm so glad the baby cried!!! it could very well have died? those stairs are all metal !!
and uHh whoever pang is.. ur priorities are weeeeeeeeeeird o.O
why, can't i even stop and watch people that are playing the new DDR supernova, ay?
it's actually DS SuperNOVA (i.e. Dancing Stage SuperNOVA), not DDR SuperNova
ur weeeeeeeeeeird
yeah, i get that a lot
OMG.. so many death or near death situations are being witnessed by people we know these days. >.<
First your baby rolling down the stairs at Galaxy incident last night..
And then tonight, someone or something gets run over at St Peter's by a train on the blue line?
*exhales deeply* Makes you question life and morality, eh?
sorry... pang. only a slight error in the name. don't get all frantic. it's only a DDR machine, in the end.
but yeh, i'm very much scarred. i can still see the baby falling down the stairs everytime i walk past...


what the heck were you doing at the DDR machines? you don't DDR...