ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


It's funny how things change in the blink of an eye...

I go...

From being a procrastinator to now being a super procrastinator

From going out every night to now being a house hermit

From spending my whole pay cheque to not spending any of it

From liking my work to hating it

From taking 100+ photos last month to having not taken any this month

From wanting to travel to now lose total interest

From not having listened to any Chinese music to having downloaded 1 gig of it

From being happy with everything that's happening to now doubt that

From losing every poker game to now win some

From being a good boy going to class to now skipping all my classes

From a phone bill that shot through the roof to now coming under limit

From feeling good about everything to thinking maybe the fun has now worn off

And really...

From constantly nagging people to go out to now realising that I should not disturb anyone anymore

From loving to eat to now forcing myself to because I haven't really the appetite anymore

From being on call to now being almost uncontactable, missing all my calls and msgs

From feeling well to now feeling slightly sick again

And from writing short blogs to writing a very long D&M one

[edit] - addition:
From moving on up to now retreating back again, going back to the boring mundane Ben.

Not Benny, not Benji, just Ben... Nothing cute, flash or cool.

And for how long this will last before it capriciously flips back the other way, who knows?


benny | Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Comments from Anonymous Anonymous Blogger Mags Blogger benny

Post a Comment    [3 comments]

        From losing every poker game to now win some

        ZOMG! since when did you play poker??

        hehe, wanna head to star city for the $80 buy-in hold'em games?

        Anonymous Anonymous | Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:47:00 am  


        Variety is the spice of life, I suppose.. we all go through stages where we're all on one extreme or the other. But I think that it's due to the quiet periods that you realise how much fun you're having when things start getting busier (and more fun). Makes you treasure those moments for what they're worth.

        I can empathise with the house-hermitness, hating work, and the boring-ness myself.. I feel like I've reverted back to who I was in high school again... and she was quite boring, actually.

        But meh.. life's like that, I suppose. I guess that's why they say that life is a rollercoaster. You have your ups and your downs... and you just have to ride it out sometimes. Life is full of insecurities, and I guess to mature and develop we need to go through these stages.. we need to question what we're doing, who we are.. the things that are happening around us and the relationships that we have with people - and the outcome isn't always rosy, but we learn a lot from this process.

        So.. on a random note, are you enjoying the chinese music? :P

        Blogger Mags | Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:09:00 am  


        Ooh, Pang, let's go Star City... I'm in a gambling mood again =D

        And on Mags' random note, I wish I had never downloaded the music. I can't stop playing it... =.=

        On the rollercoaster learning process, I'd rather be on a real one right now... woohoo. Ocean Park anyone?

        Blogger benny | Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:50:00 am  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009