ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


Today, the normally calm, collected and peaceful Benny got agro and violent at how restrictive this $88 dollar budget is becoming. He was not happy at being kept to ONLY $10 a day for food.

So, today we tried something different. Eating in as opposed to eating out.
  • whole chicken = $8.98
  • dinner rolls = $1.98
  • potato salad = $3.15
  • rockmelon (half) = $2.48
We thought that maybe that would last us lunch AND dinner. Hah, we were wrong.

Dinner at Takeru at 9.30pm: $9.90.

So my spendings for today: $65.4-($8.98+$1.98+$3.15+2.48)/2-$0.50-$9.90 = $46.70 ($13.30 overspent)

Note the second consecutive day of McDonalds cone consumption. Low cost for maximum utility. I ran into Janey Jane, Pie and Abi holding my cone today. I was told that I looked "like a kid" running with my ice cream. EHH.

They should make a reality show out of us. Everytime we have to spend money, we do our sums and arithmetic first before actually making a decision. I reckon we are worse than the people that read the side of the packets to find out how many calories it contains.



In other news, for Firefox users, their newest upgrade deemed the biggest yet has been released. Firefox 2 was made available yesterday with improvements made to the ease of use, performance, and security of the browser. Did you know that Mozilla is actually a nonprofit foundation?

And a hello to iPod users from an American Indian in Alberta, Canada:


It actually is a natural formation funnily enough. Article here.


benny | Thursday, October 26, 2006
Comments from Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny

Post a Comment    [10 comments]

        Yes, you are worse than those ppl who read the side labels...very funny to watch you suffer though...Shall I start filming? ;)

        Well 4 days left this week...so that's roughly $11.60 per day...I think you might just survive the week.

        Anonymous Anonymous | Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:11:00 am  


        Mikey... arrrgh. I don't do that much really. It probably took double the time to decide where it was cheapest to eat, and I may have taken double the time to decide WHAT to eat. Amongst all that, I may have decided to complain about it. Other than that, nothing overly overdramatic I suspect.

        I surely think I will disappoint you in not being able to remain under the target. I don't think I can keep this up for anymore days, honestly.

        Blogger benny | Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:20:00 am  


        Dude, normally it's hard enough for you to pick a place and choose what to eat...and now it's DOUBLE all that!!!

        I'm quite certain you can stay below the budget this week. Stop getting 50c cones cos I'm sure that'll somehow help you...you've spent $1.50 on that in the last 2 days??? If you hadn't, you'd be on target atm.

        Do NOT blow the budget!!!!

        And NO exemptions!!!
        You don't get exemptions while you're poor!!

        Anonymous Anonymous | Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:28:00 am  


        lol You're right, that's hard enough already. However, it's now HARDER purely coz the choice is now so restricted, and I have to use my brain even MORE.

        Some respite please... I need another cone. They're now kinda addictive.

        And YES, permission to end this craziness, or YES to extending this budget. Although now after today, I think it's kinda fun lol

        Blogger benny | Friday, October 27, 2006 12:23:00 am  


        hahahaha

        Well now that you know you've at least saved $100 this week, I think you'll continue for another 5 weeks =)

        And yes...it can be fun...

        Anonymous Anonymous | Friday, October 27, 2006 12:47:00 am  


        Like I said, I'm non-commited. I'd like to leave my options open for the moment.

        But yeah, the result of this intense $88 budget really is to save money- and yeah , I went through my statements and I spend about $150-200 a week on FOOD ALONE.

        That is scary considering I don't earn very much more.

        Speaking of which, I haven't saved much this year. I'm not even back at the level I was at this time last year...

        Blogger benny | Friday, October 27, 2006 1:08:00 am  


        Whoa...you eat a lot and yet you don't get fat...what a waste of money =P

        Get fatty food next time...like a fatty steak or even minced meat =P

        Anonymous Anonymous | Friday, October 27, 2006 1:22:00 am  


        I know- that's what pang says. I'm just wasting money.

        And now going through this experience, I think that I HAVE actually wasted a lot of money. Why am I not fat??

        And look at yourself Mikey, you're not exactly chubby like a pingu either.

        But I dun really do fatty steak or mince. Any other suggestions? Drink lard?

        Blogger benny | Friday, October 27, 2006 1:49:00 am  


        drink more alcohol. a lot more.

        meat pies are good, but not the crappy ones at uni or at supermarkets. get decent ones from places like Hannah's pies

        snack a lot too, on chocolates, bags of chips, etc

        and if you're gonna fast food, do KFC, instead of maccas

        Anonymous Anonymous | Friday, October 27, 2006 4:32:00 pm  


        Drink alcohol? lol. I wish my budget allowed for that.

        KFC outdoes Maccas hands down of course.

        And meat pies? What's that?

        Blogger benny | Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:14:00 am  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009