mehtro
Sydney is to get a "European" metro-style system of rail transport in 2017 serving the north-west of the city from Rouse Hill to St James via Epping, Top Ryde, Gladesville, Drummoyne and Pyrmont. There are plans to extend the network out to Maroubra via Moore Park and UNSW (South-East Metro) and to Parramatta via University of Sydney (West Metro), but I do not expect any of these to be acted upon before 2010, and therefore completed by 2020.

As for its effect on me: none. I do not live in any of the areas targeted in the Metropolitan Strategy. I may not even be in Sydney in 2017. Once again, it proves that planning and construction in Sydney is slower than snail's pace. This line should have been planned 10 years ago and completed now.
For more information on future transport plans in Sydney, visit the NSW Government's dedicated Sydney Link website.
Comments from