ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


お帰り ナイト!

After watching the end of 絶対彼氏 (Zettai Kareshi), I am sad because to be happy is one of the biggest privileges in life. I feel an immense sadness at seeing something that I believe is too perfect, too pure, and more perfect that what can ever .. Seeing perfection only exemplifies the deficiencies in the real world and just leaves me feeling rather empty. I am not about to ruin the ending for anyone here. Quite the opposite.

I have to commend the Japanese for crafting drama making to an entirely new level. I am glad I don't get the same drive of anger and frustration which is keeping me glued to 家好月圓, and rather it is the drive in the plot itself that keeps me watching.

The originality of this plot based on the manga of the same name is captivating. Unlike dramas TVB produces, for once I actually did feel something here. I can't seem to let go of the characters even after it has ended. It feels like there is no end, or rather I did not want it to end. Replaying over and over again.

Night will always become day and the skies will brighten after the rain. It makes me yearn. Maybe I am just too naive to believe the reality in dramas as a reflection of the reality of life. Watching it fills the childlike freedom and carefree joy that is void .. As well as amongst other things, maybe I am contented because .. can be filled by watching a love as grand as theirs on screen.

As Riiko was told to keep smiling, let's all do the same. That's the only way to deal with the world when things turn to night. がんばれ!


benny | Sunday, September 14, 2008
Comments from Blogger jenfa Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny

Post a Comment    [3 comments]

        i too think jdramas are a perfectly viable source of inspiration and a great outlet from mundane existence!

        some jdramas have totally changed my way of thinking about life in general :)

        Blogger jenfa | Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:59:00 pm  


        wei benny~ finally finished la! didnt know u were that "gum sing" bor! :)

        i was so sad abt the ending too....

        Anonymous Anonymous | Monday, September 15, 2008 7:43:00 am  


        yahuh nothing like a little bit of jdrama fix-

        i finally finished it, and i don't think i'm very "gum sing", maybe i'm just tired and its effect multiplies haha..

        Blogger benny | Monday, September 15, 2008 8:58:00 pm  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009