i'm more corrupt
Transparency International has once again published its 2008 Corruptions Perceptions Index. So it turns out that Australia is not as corrupt as I thought, and well neither is New Zealand. Although I'm absolutely positive that Cityrail would make spot 180 in itself. They must not have surveyed hard enough! I never expected the USA and Japan to be as corrupt as they are, but that's also not entirely surprising. Not surprising are the countries that rounded off the list at the bottom.
There are criticisms of this survey. It has been criticised as representing the views of an elite minority and not of the public majority. But all this aside, I'm sure that this is still a highly relevant listing.
1. Denmark, New Zealand, Sweden
4. Singapore
5. Finland, Switzerland
7. Iceland, Netherlands,
9. Australia, Canada
11. Luxembourg
12. Hong Kong, Austria
14. Germany, Norway
16. Ireland, United Kingdom
18. Belgium, Japan, United States
39. Taiwan
40. South Korea
43. Macau
55. Italy
72. China
85. India
115. Maldives
126. Indonesia
141. Phillipines
166. Zimbabwe
178. Iraq
179. Myanmar
180. Somalia
For a complete listing, go here.
Comments from benny


im surprised that aust is higher than hk/china and that hk is higher than china! :O