sydney landmarks
Do you know what's happening to Sega World?
It is currently being demolished to make way for a $560 million mixed development due for completion in late 2011. Gone will be the blue pond and blue cone. In will come retail and leisure facilities below 8 storey high commercial buildings. A youth and children's theatre, pedestrian boulevard, community green and a water play area are planned as part of the development project to connect Darling Harbour with the city. Construction will begin in 2009.The precinct will be home to the new headquarters for the Commonwealth Bank and its 4,500 city employees.
Do you know what may appear at the Overseas Passenger Terminal?
A giant ferris wheel. Like the one that appeared in Darling Harbour between November 2007-February 2008. A development application to build the 46m high 'SkyView Observation Wheel' is currently with the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority.
Comments from benny benny benny
Post a Comment [6 comments]
Whoops - I mean I "always" wondered
yahuh- don't you remember the ferris wheel with the pschydelic neon lights outside the chinese gardens?
i'm sad that there'll be no blue cone though... it's so iconic!
i'm sure the you can ride the windmills there like ferris wheels, right?
I really dont remember the ferris wheel - my memory is fading in my old age because i must have been in DH sometime in that two month period!
Sure - thats what we do here all the time! Ride windmills, tip cows and swim in the canals ;)
or is your memory fading with alcohol intake? =P
ah! have you tipped a cow yet? and walked in clogs?


I also wondered why Sega World remained empty for so long...
Wow - there was a giant ferris wheen in DH at that time?? I dont remember at all!