ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


苦瓜

I LOVE it. Bitter melon (chinese: foo gwa). Do you?


It's bitterness is because it contains a lot of a chemical called quinine. Apparently it's also good for the prevention of malaria. It is a source of iron and vitamin C too.

All I really care about is that it's good with eggs and that it's extremely cooling for if you're heated. So give it a try... 苦瓜!


benny | Friday, November 14, 2008
Comments from Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Blogger jenfa Blogger benny

Post a Comment    [4 comments]

        Nope hate it. You probably only like it coz the one's you eat aren't really 苦 at all.

        We've got them growing out in the back yard, and damn are they bloody 苦. BITTER.

        PS 周杰论 concert tomorrow. Might see if I can scalp some really cheap tix, though I doubt I'll get close enough to be able to throw rotten fruit at him.

        Anonymous Anonymous | Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:16:00 am  


        haha let me try your bitter ones and we'll see... it's actually better if its bitter =D

        I didn't see the last part...

        Blogger benny | Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:53:00 pm  


        you need to go to okinawa!! they have a dish called champuru.. i reckon it tastes pretty good n i dont even like bitter melon

        Blogger jenfa | Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:09:00 pm  


        yeh yeh i saw that on a taiwanese show i watched last week. they used smashed tofu and salted eggs- it looked really delicious!

        Blogger benny | Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:41:00 pm  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009