it just doesn't make sense
When the government says that they want to cut back on Cityrail spending by not building new train lines, duplicating single tracks or buying train carriages thereby not increasing capacity on the existing network, and then at the same time saying that they want more cars off the road and will charge tolls to use major arterials, it doesn't make much sense.
Does that make sense to anyone, or am I stupid?
I thought that to get cars off the road requires a more efficient public transport system, not a worse. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I wonder who the stupid one is... me or them?
It's times like this I wish I was back in Hong Kong riding on an MTR. Hong Kong has one of the highest public transport patronage rates in the world, owing to its extensive transport network of buses and trains.
Comments from Unknown benny benny
Post a Comment [4 comments]
I have sick of hearing the government saying they are going to "reassess the transport needs of the north-west". I mean, how many times do they have to do that?! All we have seen are different variations of some sort of rail line out there, and in the end, that is going to the best solution no matter how many studies you do. They already knew this 10 years ago and it would have been done by now if they started back then.
Anyways yeh where's your Obama post Benny? :P
Haha yeah no more reassessing!
And no- me not doing an Obama post... Congratulations, though- if he's reading! =)
yeah yeah i will def tell you when my grad is... not sure if i'll even pass this sem la!


congrats for finishing uni!! let me know when ur grad is! :)
im surprised to not see a "obama" related post from you Mr Lau :p