ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


things that annoy me

A survey has revealed the top 10 things that annoy people. I have ordered them in my order of most annoying to least annoying to see if I follow the mainstream:
  1. Unfriendly staff (3)
  2. Cigarette smoke (7)
  3. Telemarketing calls (1)
  4. Inconsiderate/bad drivers (2)
  5. Automated telephone services (9)
  6. Sensationalising the news (5)
  7. Inconsiderable mobile phone use (8)
  8. Violence (6)
  9. Spam email (10)
  10. Excessive advertising (4)
It turns out I'm all over the place... Do you?

My number one grape gripe is actually lateness (which is not on the list). *Note the bracketed numbers are the actual survey placing.


benny | Sunday, November 09, 2008
Comments from Blogger Mags Blogger jenfa Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Blogger benny Anonymous Anonymous Blogger Unknown Blogger benny

Post a Comment    [8 comments]

        You mean your number one GRIPE (and not grape), right? :P

        I'm a little all over the place too. Lol - my list as follows:
        1. Unfriendly staff (9)
        2. Cigarette smoke (3)
        3. Telemarketing calls (1)
        4. Inconsiderate/bad drivers (2)
        5. Automated telephone services (6)
        6. Sensationalising the news (5)
        7. Inconsiderable mobile phone use (8)
        8. Violence (4)
        9. Spam email (10)
        10. Excessive advertising (7)

        Blogger Mags | Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:14:00 pm  


        oh. fuck. you must hate me, no??
        i top ur list for lateness AND telemarketing >.<

        why is 'People using their mobile phones as stereos on public transport' not on this list?!

        Blogger jenfa | Sunday, November 09, 2008 10:50:00 pm  


        Boy, good thing you're not living in China! Unfriendly staff are everywhere, people smoke everywhere as well, even where there are no-smoking signs, and drivers, well, have you seen the chaos that is the state of the roads here? Cars don't stop for red lights, zebra crossings are meaningless, and you might as well not have lane markings since nobody really follows them...

        As for sensationalised news, well, at least you do get access to most news without having to go around the government censorship, and violence, I haven't as yet beat up any locals, though sometimes, it's really really hard to control the urge.

        Anyway, hi from the PRC!

        Anonymous Anonymous | Monday, November 10, 2008 12:07:00 am  


        Hmm....telemarketing calls arent so bad... because you can hang up on them!!! mwahaha

        Whats that piano usb thing? Does it play music when you plug it in? I saw a cow usb that makes a humping action when plugged into the comp heehee

        Anonymous Anonymous | Monday, November 10, 2008 10:11:00 am  


        Mags your list is somewhat different. Although I wouldn't have put telemarketing calls first, and you seem not to have a dislike of unfriendly staff. Interesting.

        Actually Jen, Mags would be the one that hates you =P I don't really seem to mind telemarketing calls coz as Donna says, you just hang up on them! =D

        Haha I wanted to put 'Late buses' on the list as its definitely something that makes me tear my hair out!

        I am definitely thankful I am not in China, although maybe I might actually think differently there. Definitely not cool with the cigarette smoke, but I'd know to expect poor service right? Yeah- the roads situation is bad... nearly got killed once for not looking 'the other way'.

        I'm actually not quite sure what that usb thing is lol. But how does your humping action cow work? hahaha

        Blogger benny | Monday, November 10, 2008 12:57:00 pm  


        This little plastic cow humps the comp when you plug it in. I'm not sure whether it serves the dual purpose of being a memory stick as well though...

        Anonymous Anonymous | Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:46:00 am  


        Here's my list Benny! Also, that piano thing is probably a USB flash drive.

        1. Inconsiderate/bad drivers
        2. Cigarette smoke
        3. Inconsiderable mobile phone use (especially on the train!)
        4. Violence
        5. Sensationalising the news
        6. Unfriendly staff
        7. Spam email
        8. Excessive advertising
        9. Automated telephone services
        10. Telemarketing calls

        Plenty of other things that annoy me too, like politics. Like why are all all so DUMB?

        Blogger Unknown | Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:11:00 am  


        Your list is the opposite to mine it seems Jase...

        Blogger benny | Friday, November 14, 2008 11:28:00 pm  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009