ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


my heartbeat

There is but only one king of mandarin songs in my opinion, but the prince would definitely be 王力宏 (Wang Leehom). His newly released album called 「心.跳」 ("Heart.Beat") is definitely fitting with his style. He explains the meaning of the title being a combination of heart and movement/dance in celebration of the heartbeat (the use of the 2 chinese characters).

There are his usual ballads which are definite K-must sings (my favourite 3 are 心跳, 春雨裡洗過的太陽 and EVERYTHING), as well as songs which explore this album's experimental theme: rock. Some songs which result from his experimentation I don't like as much, but it's a great album nonetheless and one I recommend. Only the king can produce albums in which I like every single song on it.

I just checked his website for an album picture and found out in their polling of listeners' most favoured song in his album, the top 3 are indeed the 3 I have said above. Rather than a picture [which you can see on the right anyway] here's the [rather cliched] MV [since Jay did a similar one in 我不配] of the album title song 心跳 (Heartbeat), my pick of best song and the pick of 36% of respondents:


benny | Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Comments from Anonymous Anonymous

Post a Comment    [1 comments]

        indeed a very lovable song heartbeat is! :D~

        Anonymous Anonymous | Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:19:00 pm  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009