ben.ism

Site menu:

Sydney | 周杰倫演唱會 | 我想去... | Seoul | Taipei | Tokyo | ben.ism | お帰り! |

 


pre-work blues

So I'm in the mood to tell the whole world what I think about starting full time work. Firstly, this move is by far a much greater leap than the transition from high school to university. Secondly, this next step will last until retirement, so the implications and ramifications are much greater.

Ben's pro-work attitude:
Finally I am able to put my learning into practical use and to experience the working life. My experiences from my past job has been overwhelmingly positive, so it makes me feel good for the future. I have definitely nabbed myself a good job at a great place, which I believe will teach me many new things and open my eyes to the brave new world. As well, I can finally start saving for my next big trip and finally start raking in the big money. If it were not for me working for the government and had I landed myself a job at a law firm, I may not be nearly as optimistic. The idea of travelling around Australia for work is somewhat sweet too. It all looks good.

Ben's anti-work attitude:
I want to travel to Europe and North America. Once I start work, it's the beginning of the end and I will not be able to take leave but for the 20 days of annual leave that are available only after 1 year. That's not including any forced days of annual leave. I can't take a week off to go skiing in July. I can't do whatever I want anymore. I will now be scrutinised based on my work performance. I could get sacked. My job located in Chatswood is no added incentive as I will be making 2 hour journeys each day just to get to work. So many negatives make me just want to sleep in. I want my sleep! Can not change cicadian rhythms to sleep before 12am... too difficult. Can not wake at 6:30am... that's just unheard of.

We will see as I start work next Monday at 9am, and I will re-evaluate this post as I progress.


benny | Thursday, January 29, 2009
Comments from Anonymous Anonymous

Post a Comment    [1 comments]

        Wows... Many positives...
        but many many many more negatives... I do enjoy my free-time and the luxury of taking time off whenever I need it...
        That's why i'm never leaving uni...
        lol...

        Anonymous Anonymous | Monday, February 02, 2009 9:35:00 am  



twitter.com/benism

    ben.ism notables
    july 3 jay concert evangelistic lactose intolerance HK weather warns
    ben.ism archives
    July 2009 June 2009