I was on the train today and a chinese girl our age sat next to me nearest to the window on the three-seater. She proceeded to read the mX, which is fine. She listened to her iPod. That's also fine. But then halfway through her mX, she started to look through her bag and took out the illegal weapon: nail clippers.
AND... she proceeded to cut her nails ON THE TRAIN. You know what pisses me off? People cutting their nails in public. I find it one of the most despicable acts of common indecency you can commit on the train. You are littering the dirtiness of your cut nails all over the seats and floor. Considering the frequency that Cityrail trains get cleaned, I do not want to imagine the lack of hygiene she was contributing to. Every click got me get angrier. She started at Tempe and I wanted to bolt off the train.I actually wanted to tell her off but I remained calm and collected. Then she put them away after she finished cutting ALL her nails (I had thought she may have wanted to only do 1, and got angry when she proceeded to do one hand, then the other).
AND... then she committed crime number two: TALKING LOUDLY on phone in MANDARIN. At this stage, I was fed up. I am not normally critical of people talking loudly on the phone, but in light of the circumstances I wanted to call 000 on her.
Nail clippers should be banned from the trains like they are on planes.
Comments from jenfa Mags benny
Post a Comment [4 comments]
Ewww... gross!! >.< That is seriously one of those personal hygiene matters that should be taken care of at home, and not in public. You wonder how they can do it and not feel embarassed, eh?
To add two cents to Jenfa's comment, i believe nail clipping would rate higher on the scale. Give me someone blaring their music loudly on the train any day compared to such a lack of respect for public hygiene.
Hmm, I don't think I've seen that.
But, I've seep people spitting, as well as eating sunflower seeds, or other foods with shells such as nuts, and then just dropping the shells everywhere...
As for talking loudly on the phone in mandarin, doesn't that happen everywhere?
i would actually rate the nail clipping higher on the scale of hates... i can tolerate the loud music by blocking it out with my ipod =)
whereas nail clipping as mags says is such a disgusting thing to do...
and yeah the nuts and seeds that people drop all over the train. i don't wanna see that.


HAHAHAHA
what would rate higher on ur unacceptability scale:
a) nail clipping
b) blaring rnb music from mobile phones