good heart good reply?
Tonight we were on the train when a friend heard the loud buzzing of a bug coming from the seat edge. It was in fact a mobile phone, and not a loud bug to her relief. It was actually ringing. That's when it occured to us that the phone had been left behind by some poor soul.
That poor soul's phone now rested in my hands as I was the first to get off. My plan was to give it to Cityrail. The time was 11:05pm. They had obviously left before that. My bus comes at 11:15pm, so I thought that's enough time to go to Kogarah Police. I actually took the call at that stage as I was walking out of the station to tell the poor soul's friend that I had her phone. The poor soul then called me and asked where I was. I said to her "I picked up your phone and I'm now at Kogarah Station about to hand it into the police station". She replied "Where's that?". At that stage I was somewhat confused, and told her to just go to Kogarah Police as I had a bus to catch.
I got to the police station in the pouring rain and stood behind the yellow line like the warning sign told me to. In front of me was one constable on the phone about a missing persons case. Behind him in the large room behind reception were a couple of officers who kept looking at me. One of them even came to the counter to grab a book and left. I was waiting for about 15 minutes. Talk about police inefficiencies. If I was dying, I would have died.As I stood there cursing the police for missing my bus and leaving me stranded in the pouring rain, I was served. The phone rang and Mr Police answered it. He told them to come to Kogarah. The girl lived in Lidcombe. Then the phone seemed to die. Mr Police took down my details and I left. Time was now 11:30pm. I had been at the police station for 20mins just to hand in a phone. It makes me question if I should have done it in the first place. Mr Police did say to me that we need more people like me, and I felt good. But it was only for that moment for as I walked out of the police station it was pouring again.
Moral = good heart no good reply.
Comments from Mags benny

awwww... poor u. I'm sure karma doesn't work that quickly - but maybe something good will happen to you in the days/weeks/months to come. :)