toilet humour
I'm aghast at Ryanair's suggestion of charging people to use their toilets on the plane as part of a publicity stunt for the airline. The Irish budget airline's CEO said on BBC television that they planned to charge £1 ($2.20) for passengers to use the amenities by installing coin slots on the doors, then playing down the practicality of this happening in the foreseeable future.If anything like this does eventuate, I won't be drinking any water on the plane and won't have any reason to move about the cabin. Would that mean that there may be a possible increase of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) instances?
Looking at the finer details, there is truly nothing that says airlines must provide toilets for their passengers. So they are doing nothing illegal according to the regulations, but it's only something impractical and slightly inconvenient. You can't choose if you want to go to the toilet or not.
I would not be puking into toilet now, but I would have never puked in those puke bags either. There would be nowhere for people to freshen up either. Most importantly if you get the runs from the airline food there is nowhere to do your business if you didn't have £1. Actually that brings me to another issue: what if I didn't have £1? What if I had a note? Will the flight attendants break a note for me and offer a note to coin service as well? Surely they would have to do that.
In this age of cost-cutting, what else could Ryanair force people to pay for? Use of the emergency escape facilities? Lifejackets? Oxygen?
Comments from