the end for the heroine

It is down to the last week in the TVB series 巾幗梟雄 (Rosy Business) and it is looking like a showdown finish in episode 25. Let's say I haven't attempted to watch a historical drama since 金枝慾孽 (War and Beauty), and that was when I saw it in 2007. I don't really like watching them because of the cultural shift and total change of language to the not-so-understandable. Topics are also often cliched and repetitive- what else do the many wives have time for but to kill the husband and fight for power? This one however is really quite good and the actors have done very well.
I also think that this series has also earnt the leading lady 鄧萃雯 her best actress gong for 2009 at the anniversary awards in November. Cannot say the same for the other actors, but they have done well to support the drama.
I love the theme song, called 紅蝴蝶, especially the 二胡 (yi-wu) playing throughout. I think Ron's (吳卓羲) voice needs to be a bit more resonant though.
The next series proves to be interesting if it does not go along the lines of a modern comedic police drama. Look out for ID 精英 (The Threshold Of A Persona) the following Monday starring 郭晉安、蒙嘉慧、鄧健泓、曹永廉、姜大偉、梁靖琪.
Comments from

didnt know u were chasing this series too!! it is sooo good eh! i am yet to watch the ending as i have been waiting for all eps to come out b4 i start this week as i released this drama gave me a lot of heart attacks and frustrations after each ep! i heard its a sad ending though so i dont really want to know :( but yeh i agree that chai 9 and 4 lai lai should win the best main male/female actors this yr! the next drama coming out with roger doesnt seem too promising to me >.<
and btw can u believe this? i thought the guy who sang "si gork sut tiu" (forgot his name, i think surname is lau) sang the theme song for this drama! i was so shocked to find out it was ron! he improved a lot i reckon! :)