would you intervene?
With the onslaught of news about slain good Samaritans, would you intervene if you saw someone in distress? That was the question put to a group of people and everybody said that they would. When a mock attack was staged, no one dared step forward. Why?
I know everyone means well, but it seems that when the moment truly comes, people retreat. It is the classic fight or flight syndrome. Then begins the "I'll just let someone else do it" mentality. It becomes almost infectious and everyone stands in a group watching. I can see that happening. In Australia, it would be reasonable to expect someone to act. In Hong Kong, I think I would be dead already and splattered all over Youtube. How unfortunate.I am not attacking those that do not help. At the very least I would call the police if there was a robbery or attack. I might not help out by chasing after the crook, but someone needs to call the coppers. Those people across the road can do it. They look bigger than me.
Then there's the fear that involving yourself will put your own life at risk. You may get shocked or stabbed. I would not want a bullet through me. So 矛盾 (round and round)! You want to help but could die in the process. You could help someone and save their life.
Are you altruistic enough to not worry about yours?
Comments from Unknown

Depends on the situation...
Anyways, love the cute pic!