fire water puffs out

If this is what you envisaged would happen across Campbell's Cove, then you will surely be がっくりed (disappointed). I was expecting fire, fireworks and explosions, but all I got was prolonged fire-smoking, name-calling and watching boats float aimlessly. To say I was がっくりed is an understatement. That's not to say I did not enjoy it. At least the weather held up and I did not freeze. My arse did just that after an hour of sitting though. The end sequence was exactly what I wanted to see, but that was after 1 hour+ of sitting. All my angst exacerbated by the fact I was busting from the beginning, so I never really was in the right frame of mind. Sigh.
The whole concept of Vivid Sydney has been an outstanding success in luring people out of their houses in winter and out to the harbourside. One can feel the culture Sydney is trying to exude, at times too crude and unrefined like this brash city really is. We are trying. I think that up is the only way to go from here. Overall, I have been impressed at the event as a whole. It made me walk to Observatory Hill in the dark for the first time. I would not have done it otherwise because but for the lights, it truly is darker than inside a black hole. Neither would I have ventured out to Circular Quay in the first place. So well done all those involved for inspiring Sydneysiders for the last 3 weeks.
Comments from