I couldn't help but cringe when I saw footage of John Howard in his green tracksuit jumping and shouting when Australia scored. Man, it was bad.
He's already comparing this to the win in the America's Cup in the 80s.
Why do politicians need to become embroiled in sporting success and use it for their own political good? Why do I need to continually be reminded of being Australian, and how proud I should be feeling? I sure hope it's something that people don't need reminding of.
Well, me maybe.
I still can't stop cringing. I think I'm scarred for life.
Oh goddamn, just saw Morris Iemma getting into it the act too. It's time the television gets turned off...
[edit: 6.51pm] I just found out that federal politicians have spent $8m of taxpayers money on travel in the last year. John Howard was by far the leading spender with trips to USA, Malta, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, etc costing around $800,000.
I don't really (it's pushing it) mind such unscrupulous spending if it results in some diplomatic or trade benefit to the country. I suppose $8m is a small price to pay for $8b. I don't know, I'm having second thoughts now. I want my tax back!
The thought of my own travel trips with my taxed income... That would do the nation a whole lot of good, I tell you =D
What I don't get is why past PMs still get travel allowances. Can't they travel using their own money anymore? Half of them earn heaps by being directors anyway.
Comments from Mags benny
Post a Comment [4 comments]
Yeah, that green tracksuit was really ugly. >.<
Happy that we drew with Croatia tho. :) That was what I would've tipped - haha.. if only I had put my money on it! lol
Haha I was laughing and cringing when I saw that. How weird would it be to have someone filming you watching a game? I mean it not like theyre filming a crowd...just one person!
lol Exactly right. I wouldn't want a whole contingent of journalists waiting for my next fake celebration...
And no travel trips. Not allowed lol.


The thought of my own travel trips with my taxed income
you talking about the travel trip you're taking in two weeks?
;)